Attorney Andrew W. Norfleet, earned his Juris Doctorate in 1999 from the Widener University School of Law and received his undergraduate degrees in Political Science and American Studies from The Pennsylvania State University in 1993. While attending the Widener University School of Law, he was the President of the Moot Court Honor Society and served as a Widener University Scholl of Law Teaching Fellow (Torts). Prior to founding Norfleet and Lafferty, LLC, in 2011, Mr. Norfleet was a partner with Metzger, Wickersham, Knauss and Erb, P.C, in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Mr. Norfleet has practiced Criminal Defense (Adult and Juvenile), Family Law, Social Security Disability and Personal Injury law throughout Central Pennsylvania. As a Criminal Defense Attorney, Mr. Norfleet has represented adults and juveniles charged with crimes ranging from simple assault to homicide. He is the former Executive Director of Dauphin County Pretrial Services where he made recommendation to Dauphin County Magisterial District Justices and to the Court of Common Pleas concerning the supervised pretrial release of defendants awaiting trial. Mr. Norfleet has acted a Court Appointed Counsel for both juveniles an adults in Dauphin County.
As a Plaintiff’s Personal Injury Attorney, Mr. Norfleet has successfully handled cases for his clients against those responsible for causing their injuries. Mr. Norfleet has handled cases ranging from Motor vehicle and Motor cycle accidents to Premises Liability claims, Wrongful Death cases and complex cases involving serious, permanent injuries. He has experience in trial work, both mediation and arbitration processes, and has resolved numerous cases through diligent case preparation and negotiation. Mr. Norfleet is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members.
Mr. Norfleet represents individuals seeking Social Security Disability benefits throughout Central Pennsylvania. Mr. Norfleet has assisted his clients in obtaining both SSD and SSI benefits. Mr. Norfleet is a Sustaining Member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives.
Understanding that Divorce, Child Custody, Visitation and Support are difficult for every member of a family, Mr. Norfleet provides compassionate, yet aggressive representation to his clients. Mr. Norfleet has acted as Court Appointed Counsel and Guardian Ad Litem for children and parents in Dauphin County and York County.
In addition to the National Organization of Social Security Claimants’ Representatives, Mr. Norfleet is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Dauphin County Bar Association, York County Bar Association and Cumberland County Bar Association.
Mr. Norfleet enjoys being active in his community and volunteering in the activities of his two children. He has served as a volunteer coach for West Shore Recreation (basketball) and as a volunteer cross-country coach. He also serves as a classroom volunteer for Junior Achievement in the West Shore School District.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Family Law (Divorce, Custody, Support)
- Criminal Litigation (State and Federal Courts; Adult and Juvenile Crimes)
- Personal Injury Litigation (Plaintiff)
- Social Security Disability (SSD an SSI)
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- 80% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Litigation
- Pennsylvania, 1999
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Widener University School of Law, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- J.D. – 1999
- Honors: Moot Court Honor Society – President
- Honors: Widener University Teaching Fellow
- Honors: National Order of Barristers
- Pennsylvania State University, Pennsylvania
- B.A. – 1993
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Political Science
- Major: American Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
Past Employment Positions
- Metzger, Wickersham, Knauss and Erb, PC, Harrisburg, PA, Managing Partner, 2000 – 2011
- Metzger, Wickersham, Knauss and Erb, PC, Harrisburg, PA, President of Corporation
- Metzger, Wickersham, Knauss and Erb, PC, Harrisburg, PA, Management Committee, 2007
- Metzger, Wickersham, Knauss and Erb, PC, Harrisburg, PA, Shareholder, 2005
- Dauphin County Pretrial Services, Executive Director, 1998 – 1999
- Dauphin County Pretrial Services, Program Director, 1994 – 1999
Pro Bono Activities
- Dauphin County Homeless Outreach Program, 2009 – 2011
- Court Appointed Guardian Ad Litem: Dauphin County and York County
- Board of Directors, Dauphin County Pretrial Services, 1999 – 2002
- Junior Achievement Instructor West Shore School District
- Volunteer Cross-Country Coach Red Land High School, Fall, 2010
- San Diego Marathon as a Member of Team in Training Volunteer – Central Pennsylvania Animal Alliance, 2011